Friday, November 6, 2009

Mint and Corriander Flavoured Chicken


Ingredients:

For marination:

  • Chicken 1 kg
  • Corriander leaves 1/4 bunch
  • Mint leaves 1/4 bunch
  • Crushed ginger 1 big pieces
  • Crushed garlic 1 pods
  • Sliced Green Chilly 4 to 5
  • Curd 1/2 cup
  • Turmeric pdr 1/2 Tsp
  • Chilly pdr 1/2 Tsp
  • Crushed pepper 1/2 Tsp

How to Marinate:

Marinate the pieces of chicken with finely chopped corriander and mint leaves. Add the coarsely crushed ginger and garlic. Add the sliced green chillies along with the the turmeric powder, red chilly powder and the crushed pepper corns. Finally add the curd to tenderize the meat. Keep this mixture aside for at least 2 hours.

For Curry:

  • Onion 6 to 7
  • Tomato 3 to 5
  • Green chilly 2 to 3
  • Mint and Corriander leaves 1/4 bunch each
  • Ginger garlic paste 2 to 3 Tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Turmeric pdr 1/2 Tsp
  • Chilly pdr 1/2 Tsp
  • Corriander pdr 1 Tsp
  • Garam masala 2 Tsp
  • Crushed pepper 1 Tsp
  • Cashewnut paste 30gms
  • Oil/ghee

Directions:

In a pan, pour oil/ghee and once hot, add the ginger garlic paste, add the sliced onions and allow it to get light brown. Add the turmeric powder, chilly powder, corriander powder, crushed pepper corns and the garam masala. Allow the masala to get cooked.

A paste of mint leaves and coriander leaves is already kept prepared and this is added into the curry. Allow this mix to get cooked. Now add the tomatoes along with the green chillies. Add the chicken which is kept marinated and when the chicken is half done, add the nut paste. Allow the chicken to get completely cooked. Add salt as per requirement. Let the gravy thicken.

Once done, garnish with Fresh corriander leaves.
Goes wonderfully with chapathis and ghee rice.
Bon Appetit!!!!

[Recipe Courtesy: Tony Toms]

View blog reactions

44 comments:

  1. hi Tina,
    Seems to be a flavourful dish, both the herbs are strong in aroma and taste and can imagine the combination of both :)
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm..Another yummy and flavourful chicken.Chappatiyum kooti kazhikan thonanu..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a flavourful, aromatic dish...yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a veggie i will try this with paneer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats awesome recipe Tins...even reading makes me drool..will check at the earliest...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy chicken...completely my type.
    i make it with a slightly different recipe ( no cashew n tomatoes) but it looks similar...it's a fave at mt place..yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm....Herbal chicken! Must taste very heavenly and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful..I can feel the burst of all that fresh leaves goodness in my mouth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..that's an yum recipe...love the herby flavour.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina that's awonderful chicken recip..I too have prepared the same recipe which differs a bit from urs..will share the recipe soon..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! I can almost get the aroma here just by looking at the pics! It looks super delicious!kidilan aayittundu ketto..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome...The flavors would blend in perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really very flavorful dish and nice click.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great herb combination, i should give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really a falvorful colorful chicken...

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummmm....i can smell the flavors coming right at me...superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow...looks delicious, my mouth is watering, wish I could have this for lunch right now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to prepare mint chicken before my wedding...which all my folks at home enjoyed a lot... But now it has been a very long time..since I did... I would try it back & then post.... It really tastes yum.... The color, taste & the aroma.. is all very brilliant....


    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tina, my nose is twitching at the imagined wonderful spicy aroma of your meal. How tempting this looks and sounds! I would love to have a nice sample of this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dish looks colorful and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am totally bowled over by this one loving blog.
    I consider myself as a pretty good cook but was lagging in the delicacies i could make @ home. No w i have a good cook book. Million thanks for that :). FYI : I have promoted your blog in twitter and soon in FB. And yes..in Orkut as well. Shared this blog with my bro who is a soon-to-become chef :).Keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great blend of flavour, Tina. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice one Tina... Whenever I look at Chicken Post , I think as to how can I replace with a vegetarian substitute....
    SO tat makes me read some of them :)
    Hope u had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. yum yum, this must be tasting heavenly!! I love the strong flavour of the herbs on meats!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hmmmmm i am really hungry now. I just love the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's a very flavourful and heartwarming chicken dish...I think I would love them with some steamed rice.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow i can imagine eating this delicous chiciken with aopoms or chapaties.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Delicious chicken recipe. Sounds so flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Chicken with a touch of mint and coriander!Great recipe!!...I am craving for some now! :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Entamko...kidillan chicken....
    It would be having a brillinat flavor with mint and coriander..
    Looks really yummy and Superb Tina dea..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Chicken sounds really good with mint & coriander flavors, excellent recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  32. chicken looks spicy, love the green color too

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks yummy...The preparation is same as preparing Chicken for biryani

    ReplyDelete
  34. very delicious....i too make this dish..i use a little green color to make the whole dish look green...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks yumm and delicious...

    Thanks for visiting my blog and you have a lovely collection of recipes here.

    ReplyDelete